ASHA’s theatre team have been performing to sensitize, motivate, aware and strengthen the community to ensure protection and security of women on the issue related to witch-craft and other women violence in the concerning project district through Street Theatre.
- Street theatre is a theatrical presentation performed in a public space that does not have a paying audience.
- Street theatre is extremely useful for raising awareness because its informal nature provokes the audience to discuss difficult and controversial issues like witch-hunt.
- In addition, because street theatre is free of charge and takes place in a public area people of all socioeconomic backgrounds have the opportunity to enjoy, benefit, and contribute to it.
Street Theatre effectiveness
- Street theatre can be used effectively to propagate social and political messages and to raise public awareness regarding critical issues.
- The diversity of performance type makes street theatre an interesting, flexible, and dynamic artistic medium to work with, which is one reason it has existed both as a form of entertainment and a tool for raising public awareness for centuries.
- The objectives behind is to motivate, aware, sensitized and strengthen the community, the Panchayats, the Block and District level police and government services upon various issues.