Back Ground of the Network
Ambedkar Vichar Manch (AVM) is a state level network for Dalits. Its sturdy foundation was laid by Dalit Desk, Centre for World Solidarity with the support from CWS, Secunderabad in the year 2005.there are 11 organizations and 2 individuals in the network working across 10 districts of Jharkhand. The design of setting up the network is to bring different Dalit Network in Jharkhand and make them capable to raise demands and receive the rights and entitlements. The main function of the network is to strengthen Dalit community/Network in Jharkhand and make them capable to raise demands and receive the rights and entitlements.
Members of the Network
District Covered by the Network members: 10 districts
Objective of the Network
Overall Objective of AVM is to strengthen Dalit Network in Jharkhand and make them capable to raise demands and receive the rights and entitlements.
- To abolish inter-caste and intra –caste untouchability in Jharkhand
- To bring all the labours classes under one umbrella and strengthen, organizations in Jharkhand- Aware organize and educate youths and women
- Trained and skilled women & youths on different trades and Promote Entrepreneurship
Major Achievement of the Network
- 1000 dalit men & women became aware on Different Govt schemes and 700 of them provided with Job cards & Jobs under MNEREGA Schemes during the last 2 years.
- 50 women benefited from JSY,15 families for Indira Vikash Yojna etc.
- 8 cases of Dalit Atrocities are lodged in the police station & 5 cases are mutually solved at village Level in the last 2 years.
- Socio- economic status of dalits especially amongst the Women Improved
- 340 SHGs are contributing to improved economic & social status of dalit women & cases of VAW identified & Mutually solved at village level also SHGs strengthened & credit linkages with Banks done. 120 women from 340 SHGs are trained on bamboo work/ soap making and presently they have incresed their monthly income by 5% by making the finished product based on value addition.
- After providing skill building training on Bamboo work/Soap making 120 women from 40 villages,they have started up with income generation activities by making value added bamboo products which have better marketing scopes,leads the groups to increase their income nearly 5%.
Present status of the Network
At present the network is working on dalit related issues focused on SCP at community as well as on state level. The Network also makes its presence in state level to raise the issues at present it focuses to create awareness among the dalit MLAs & PRI Members.